June 17, 2014
Elm Street School was able to have their very own 'Lettuce Party’! During this time lettuce was picked from the school garden, washed and prepared for the students to enjoy. After all of their hard work maintaining the lettuce crops over the last few weeks it was nice to see the students enjoying a healthy salad from something they grew themselves. Nutritious and delicious! Job well done!\
Check out our pictures from the Lettuce Party!
April 7, 2014
As we embark on our second year of the garden program we are both excited and eager to get started! Last week the Elm Street Elementary School with the help of the Juniors and Seniors from the Norfolk County Agricultural School were able to begin this years gardening project. Students were able to participate in the planting process and learned the basics of gardening. Over the next few weeks they will be able to watch the items they planted grow. Once the grow process is done the students will then be able to enjoy the healthy foods they have planted!
Check out our pictures as we continue our gardening journey to healthy foods!
Our vision is for families, schools and the Walpole Community to work collaborativelty towards the shared goal of fit and healthy children. This unique collaborative project will give students a hands-on learning experience in the school garden and will be able to eat fresh and healthy foods that they grow.
Our goal is for the school garden program to have four raised beds. The Walpole High School Woodshop class made them for this project plus a bench to rest after our hard work.
Juniors and Seniors fromt the Norfolk County Agricultural School under the leadership of teacher John Lee has mentored ALL of the fifth grade students at Elm Street School on how to plant lettuce seeds.
We have wonderful seniors that are helping grow indoors, other plants that will also be put in the garden
Our Cafeteria Leader, Ms. Maria Hall, will have prepared meals with some of the produce.
We have received mini grants from multiple sources to help us (from Maria Hall, Johnson and Johnson Foundation and DPH). We have received reduced price materials from Gilmore. We have wonderful teachers and parents along with school nurses Gerri Polo, Susan Prindall and School Nurse Leader Kathi Garvin, Health Director Robin Chapell and Principal Mary Grinavic that are on the steering committee.
Please come back to this site often to watch our progress.
- 2016 FALL FLU VACCINE CLINIC-PREREGISTRATION
- 2016-2017 Preparing for Cold Weather (Pet Care, Recognizing Frost Bite, Winterizing Your Car)
- 2016-2017 Recycle Calendar
- 2017 Household Hazardous Waste Day
- CDC Vital Signs: Zika -MAP
- CDC Vital Signs: Zika and Pregnancy
- Elm Street School Garden Project
- Elm Street School Gardening Project Pictures
- Emergency Contact Numbers/Emergency Plan
- Facebook - Walpole Coalition for Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Facebook - Walpole Health Department
- Fall 2016 Cultivation Kitchen
- Farmer's Market
- Fiscal Year 2017 Compost Facility Regulaions
- Fiscal Year 2017 Compost Facility Sticker Application
- Fisher School Garden Project 2015
- Free Walking Apps
- HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS MONTH
- Health Alerts, Food Recalls & Environmental Information
- Household Hazardous Waste Day-Reciprocal Agreements
- Iron Chef Competition Pictures 2015
- Learning about the tick borne disease-Anaplasmosis
- Like us on Facebook
- Lyme disease prevention tips
- MEMA ISSUES ICE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- MEMA Power Outage Safety Tips
- MEMA Release-Extreme Cold
- MEMA'S TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR THE STORM
- MERS-Know the FACTS!
- MRC Volunteer Application
- Make Smoking History
- Motor vehicle crash fatalities in the U.S. could drop by half with proven strategies
- Norfolk County Mosquito Control District: Notification of Late Evening Aerosol (ULV) Applications
- Norfolk County Mosquito Control February 2015 Meeting
- Old Post Road Gardening Project Pictures 2015
- PHASE V RMR - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY - Former Bird Machine Site
- Phase V Status and Remedial Monitoring Report - Former Bird Machine Site
- Preparing for Floods-safety tips
- Recyling Update: Plastic Water/Drink Bottles & Soda Can Information
- Safety Tips for Extreme Cold Weather
- School Cultivation Kitchen 2016
- Social Host Responsibility By-law
- Solid Waste & Recycling / Hazardous Waste
- South Street Mill Demolition Kick-Off Ceremony Video
- Superfund Site Analysis and Redevelopment Powerpoint
- Superfund Site documents added to the Walpole Public Library
- Superfund Site-Monthly Design Progress Reports
- Superfund South Street Demolition Celebration Video
- Synthetic Drug Regulations
- The Hero Campaign/Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- The Impact of Opiod Addiction in Walpole
- Thunderstorm Safety Rules
- Tobacco Regulations-Effective July 1, 2015
- Tornado Safety Rules
- Used Tire Recycling - Free Pickup
- Walpole Tick Talk
- Weekly Mosquito Control Updates