The purposes of these bylaws are to promote the health, safety, convenience, morals and welfare of the inhabitants of the community. The objectives are, among other purpose:
- To lessen congestion in the streets
- To conserve health
- To secure safety from fire, flood, panic and other dangers
- To provide adequate light and air
- To prevent overcrowding of land
- To avoid undue concentration of population
- To encourage housing for persons of all income levels
- To facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, water supply, drainage sewerage, schools, parks, open space, and other public requirements.
- To conserve the value of land and buildings, including the conservation of natural resources and prevention of blight and pollution of the environment.
- To encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the town including consideration of the recommendations or the plan, if any, adapted by the Planning Board and the comprehensive pan, if any, of the regional planning agency.
- To preserve and increase amenities by the promulgation of regulations to fulfill these objectives under the provisions of General Law, Chapter 40-A.
The Walpole Zoning Bylaws can be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office in the Town Hall. For more information call 660-6343
- Building Codes
- Building Permits Applications/Forms
- Conservation Commission Review
- Dig Safe
- Donate Building Materials
- Site Plan Non-Residential
- State Building Code & Architectural Access Board
- Zoning Bylaws
- Zoning Decisions- Zoning Board/Planning Board/Site Plan
- Zoning Enforcement Request and Complaints