Zoning Enforcement Request and Complaints

-A A +A

When requesting an enforcement of the Zoning Bylaw, ALL requests must be submitted in writing - NO EXCEPTIONS. We cannot take complaints over the phone. The reason for requesting complaints in writing is under Section 7 of the Massachusetts General Law Chapter 40-A. The Building Inspector is required to respond in writing to the complainant, within 14 days of receipt, of action taken. Complaints regarding unpermitted or unsafe dwelling units do not require complainants contact info.