Hours of Operation
Tuesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Duties & Responsibilities
The main priority of the office is to provide fair and equitable valuations for the purpose of taxation. The Town currently values all real and personal property. Assessors have a responsibility for the Motor vehicle excise tax bills originated by the State Registry of Motor Vehicles. The Registry updates bills to reflect recent change and then pass the bills on to the Town for distribution. Assessors grant abatements and answer questions regarding excise tax bills.
The Assessors also do not determine property taxes. The Municipality itself determines the level of taxation, through its Town Meeting process.
|John R. Fisher, MAA||Chairman|
|Edward F. O'Neil, MAA||Clerk|
|John O'Connor, MAA||Member|
- ASSESSORS ONLINE DATABASE
- Abutters List Request Form - Conservation Commission
- Abutters List Request Form - Planning Board
- Abutters List Request Form - Zoning Board of Appeals
- Exemption Application - Blind
- Exemption Application - Veterans
- Fiscal Year 2016 Tax Rate
- Fiscal Year 2017 Tax Rate
- How Assessors Make Local Government Work (Video)
- Mailing Address Change Form
- Mass. Department of Revenue
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Application
- Motor Vehicle Excise FAQs
- Personal Property FAQs
- Personal Property Notice
- Real Estate and Personal Property Abatement Application
- Real Estate and Personal Property Abatement Procedures
- Real Estate and Personal Property Instructions
- Understanding the Town of Walpole Tax Billing Process
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I learn more about my rights for an Abatement, Exemption, or Deferral?
- Is the purpose of a revaluation to increase taxes?
- What is the Assessor's role in municipal taxation?
- What should I do if I find an error or omission in my assessment?
- My house (or new construction project) is not 100% complete. Is it assessable when it is not complete?
Board of Assessors Meeting 04/24/17
April 24, 2017 - 6:30pm
Board of Assessors Agenda 04/18/17 - CANCELLED
April 18, 2017 - 6:30pm
Board of Assessors Agenda 04/04/17
April 4, 2017 - 6:30pm
Board of Assessors Agenda 03/21/17
March 21, 2017 - 6:30pm
Board of Assessors Agenda 03/07/17
March 7, 2017 - 6:30pm