Requirements to register to vote in Massachusetts:
You must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Resident of Massachusetts
- At least 18 years old on or before the next election
How to register to vote in Walpole, Massachusetts:
- Register through the States Online system
- Download Voter Registration Form
- Register at the Walpole Town Clerk's Office
- Call the Walpole Town Clerk's Office to have a form mailed to you
- Register at the Registry of Motor Vehicles
In order to vote you must be registered:
- 20 days prior to all primaries and elections
- When a voter registration date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline falls back to previous workday
Notification of Registration or Change
Voters should receive a confirmation notice after they have registered to vote and after making any change to their voter registration (address, political party, etc). If you have NOT received confirmation of your voter status 2 to 3 weeks from the date you registered or made the change you should contact the Town Clerk’s office to verify your voting status.
What must I do if I've changed my address since I registered?
If you are a registered voter and have moved within Town, notify the Town Clerk’s office in writing of your new address. If you have moved to a new city or town, you must register to vote in your new community. If you have moved out of Massachusetts you should notify the Clerks Office to be removed from the voter rolls. Any changes must be requested within the deadline schedule listed above to be changed for the upcoming election.