If you are getting married in the State of Massachusetts, you may file your marriage intentions at ANY Massachusetts City/Town Clerk's Office.
Check List to apply for a Marriage License in Walpole:
- Both parties to be married must appear together to file
- After you file your paperwork there is a three (3) day waiting period for your Certificate to be issued
- Marriage Certificate is valid for 60 days from the date of filing your intention paperwork;
- $30 Fee for filing paperwork in Walpole
- You must be 18 years of age or older to file your marriage intentions.
How to obtain a license
To obtain a marriage license, couples must appear together at the office of the Town Clerk and file the intention of marriage.
Persons seeking a marriage license must be at least eighteen years of age or have a court order providing for exemption.
After the completion of the marriage intention, there is a mandatory three-day waiting period before the marriage license can be issued. A waiver of the waiting period may be granted by the local district court. In that instance, the couple should bring the court waiver to the Town Clerk and a marriage license may be issued immediately.
The marriage license is valid for a sixty-day period from the filing date of the marriage intention.
Recording the Marriage
Following the marriage ceremony, the official who performs the ceremony must mail back the marriage license to the Town Clerk’s office that processed the marriage intention. Once the Town Clerk receives the license, it will be processed and recorded. Certified Marriage certificates are available after the recording upon request and for a fee of $10 per certified copy.
Requesting a Certified copy of your Marriage License
Your marriage license can be obtained from the Town Clerks Office in which you filed your marriage intention. Your license is not availabe in the town reside in (unless that is where you filed your intentions) or the community your marriage ceremony was held in.
- Birth, Death & Marriage Records
- Marriage Intentions - Filing
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licensing
- Raffle Permits
- Town Reports
- Election Information
- Voter Registration
- Running for Office in Walpole
- Running for RTM Office
- Campaign Finance
- Appointed Vacancy List
- Who are my State Elected Officials?
- Street List Index - 2017
- Walpole Charter & General Bylaws
- Walpole Zoning Bylaws
- Current RTM Members
- Elected & Appointed Officials
- Elected Officials