SIMPLE TIPS FOR CLEANER WATER
- USE LAWN CHEMICALS SPARINGLY
- DISPOSE OF HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS PROPERLY
- WASH CAR AWAY FROM STREET AND CATCH BASINS
- COMPOST YARD WASTE AT HOME OR AT CENTER
- SOAK UP RAIN IN GARDENS, GRASSY AREAS, OR RAIN BARRELS
- PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG (DISPOSE IN TRASH CAN)
Stormwater Hotline (508) 660-7268
Call with questions or information about Stormwater Management Violations.
Clean Water ACT/MS4 General Permit
EPA postponed effective the July 1, 2017 effective date of the General Permit for Stormwater discharges from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4's) until July 1, 2018.
For More Stormwater Information:
Walpole is currently working on the new Notice of Intent (NOI) and componants of the Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) for the 2017 NPDES Permit effective July 1, 2018.
For more information on Walpole MS4 permit:
Walpole 2003 NOI - Click for LINK
Walpole Annual Reports - Click for LINK
Environmental Education -Click for Link
Stormwater Management Bylaw
The Stormwater Management and Erosion Control Bylaw was approved at the Spring 2007 Town Meeting warrant and approved by the Attorney General in July 2007.
The Illicit Discharge Bylaw passed Town Meeting in the Fall and was approved by the Attorney Generals Office January 2007. Copies can be obtained from the Town Clerk.
Copies of the bylaws (pdf files) may be download for review.
- Article XXIX Stormwater Management and Erosion Control Bylaw
- Stormwater Bylaw Regulations and Fee Schedule