On March 23, Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide "COVID-19 Essential Services" to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers, and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. These businesses are encouraged to continue operations remotely.
INFORMATION FOR DEVELOPERS, CONTRACTORS, & PROJECT OWNERS
- March 25, 2020 - Modification of Emergency Order Banning Construction in the Town of Walpole - Modifies the Building Commissioner's 3/17/20 Emergency Order by lifting the temporary moratorium on construction activity.
- March 17, 2020 - Construction Operations Notice to Contractors
- March 17, 2020 - Construction Operations Notice to Building Dept Staff
For more information about the Building Department's response to COVID-19, please visit their website here or call 508-660-6348.
INFORMATION FOR LOCAL BUSINESSES
- Walpole Provisions - the Town of Walpole has compiled a list of local restaurants that are open and ready to provide takeout, curbside delivery, and delivery options.
- Small Business Survey - If you or someone you know run a business in Walpole, please take a moment to complete this short survey compiled by the Community & Economic Development Department. The information will be public and will help us gain a better sense of how the town can support the business community during this time.
- Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19 - information and resources available here, including business loan information, guidance and recommendations, etc.
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act - information and resources on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress
Please contact Ashley Clark, Director of Community and Economic Development at Aclark@walpole-ma.gov or 508-660-7352 with any questions, comments, concerns, assistance, etc.